Manager of Public Relations - O2E Brands
We are looking for an exceptional leader to take our traditional Public Relations team into the digital age by creating a singular voice across our PR, Email Marketing, PPC and Social channels.
What's in it for me?
I will get to flex my strong leadership skills and manage a team of 5 public relations and communications professionals. I will get to connect and work closely with media from around North America and represent our brands loud and proud! I will get to use my experience and knowledge of Social Media to take our brands to the next level online. I will be fearless in my media pitches. I will roll up my sleeve and collaborate with our VP of Marketing, CEO and subject matter experts to set and develop our brands strategy for media and public relations.
Who we are
With our four uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
What your day to day will look like:
- Lead a talented team to success in their designated areas of focus
- Work with regional media to generate positive press for all brands
- Work within our leadership team, franchise partners and the PR team to develop new PR strategies, creative angles, and campaigns
- Coach franchise partners on PR and media relations
- Develop prospective media targets and contacts through extensive research
- Storytell through digital and social channels
- Collaborate with our Digital Marketing team (SEO, PPC, Email) to create a singular message and voice
- Learn and consult with outside vendors and partners to enhance our brands voice
- Support product placement opportunities for our brands ie Hoarders, CNBC etc…
What you bring to the table:
- Proven experience in a PR leadership role, you’ve developed and grown your team to be successful
- Proven success creating and pitching PR strategies across various media outlets throughout North America
- Drive to succeed, develop and an energetic, positive attitude required
- Experience working across channels and departments to bring together a unified message and brand strategy
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday.
Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Is this your job?
Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume and cover letter.
We want to get to know you, feel free to include any social media handles (ie. Linkedin, Twitter etc.) and any blogs / websites that you want to share!