Learning and Development Specialist - O2E Brands
We’re all about people
We are O2E Brands and our name comes from what we do. With our four uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting and moving exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. O2E = Ordinary to Exceptional!
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
What people say about you
With the growth across our organization, it’s clear we’re not slowing down anytime soon. To support our growth, we are looking for a Learning and Development Specialist who will embody our guiding principle: “It’s All About People”. You seek to understand the learning and development needs of people and of the business, and how you can contribute to their growth and success. You have a strong sense of urgency and drive to get things done quickly and accurately. You are a detail-oriented and creative writer who loves creating and editing learning content that can be delivered through a variety of channels. You have the ability to simplify information into something that’s engaging and easily understood by a wide range of audiences. You can work well autonomously and are comfortable leading a training session.
What your day to day will be
- Partner with our brand leaders and field operations teams to build various franchise-facing Start-Up, Operations, and Customer Service training materials
- Analyze and assess key training and development needs for our franchise brands
- Design and develop content suitable for a variety of delivery channels (e.g. face-to-face, publications, blended)
- Coach and assist Subject Matter Experts in learning delivery & facilitation
- Evaluate and improve existing training materials and programs
- Partner with project and L&D team to ensure project milestones are met
- Be awesome and have fun!
What you bring to the table
- 3-5 years of experience in a Learning & Development role
- Proven experience with instructional design methodologies (E.g ADDIE) and course development
- Experience applying adult learning theory and principles in development of learning materials for a wide range of audiences and variety of delivery channels within set timeframes
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Previous experience with facilitation / training an asset
- Certification and/or specialized training in adult learning principles or instructional design preferred
- Previous experience with mobile- and/or e-learning platforms is an asset
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
How to apply
Send us your resume and a brief outline of why you love L&D!