Desktop Support Specialist - O2E Brands
Who we are
We’ve taken the “ordinary” world of home services and made it memorable by bringing exceptional customer service into the mix. With our four uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
This is where you come in
O2E Brands is seeking a Desktop Support Specialist for our Business Technology department. You will serves as a technical escalation point and initial customer contact for escalations and issues. You will be the face of business technology for our office and help provide operational excellence through troubleshooting, coaching and support.
The position is based in our Vancouver Junktion. This is a temporary position.
What you will do:
- Performs technical support for network infrastructure and internal desktop systems software and hardware with minimal supervision.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot desktop systems, workstations, servers and network.
- Maintains passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment.
- Communicates highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades.
- Will conduct training programs designed to educate an organization's computer users about basic and specialized applications.
- Will involve use of problem management databases and help desk system.
- Monitor service delivery metrics and prepare operational reports for management review.
- Create technical documents and maintain knowledge base.
- Conduct training on new process, procedures, technology and support new hire assimilation.
- Rapid response and ownership of issues and requests reported by customers via case management system, telephone or email.
- Perform general technical support, and troubleshoots and desktop systems software and hardware.
- Investigate system problems and provide solutions using specific product knowledge, system utilities, and operating environment.
- Perform installs, moves, add, changes and decommission of computer equipment.
- Provide user data and application recovery.
- Maintain knowledge and certifications necessary to support computer equipment and peripherals.
What you bring to the table:
- Experience in Desktop support
- Broad-based technical support expertise with experience in major product lines.
- Experience with SCCM, Google Chrome Remote desktop and Microsoft Bitblocker.
- Understanding of Preboot eXecution Environment (PXE) to deploy images.
- A+ certification, or equivalent is nice to have
- Customer service focus with strong leadership and interpersonal skills with ability to gain cooperation of others.
- Ability to teach highly technical content to users with any level of experience.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills to help the organization grow
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Do you want this job now?
Send in your resume today and please include when you are available and for how long of a contract you are open to?