Creative Director - O2E Brands
Who we are
We’ve taken the “ordinary” world of home services and made it memorable by bringing exceptional customer service into the mix. With our four uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. It’s all in our name: O2E = Ordinary 2 Exceptional!
Since we’re in the business of being exceptional, that means we’re always looking for exceptional people to join our team. Could you be one of them?
This is where you come in
We are looking for a Creative Director who will take our existing globally admired brands and execute our brand guidelines across all of our marketing channels. You will manage a team of creative services experts and help translate the business’ vision of our brands into daily execution. You will also act as a project lead for all creative materials including web, video, email, digital and much more!
What people say about you
You are a big picture thinker who can drill down into details. You can create, establish and develop brand guidelines. You seek to hear other’s ideas and work collaboratively to ensure quality execution of our Brands. You lead with Passion, Integrity, Professionalism and Empathy. You enjoy taking on new challenges but also thrive when you are tasked to streamline and improve your task at hand.
What your day to day will look like
- Provides creative leadership across several project teams
- Lead and mentor a cross-functional team of designers and writers
- Ensure consistency in creative materials across all our globally admired brands
- Create and lead clear brand standard guides for all our brands
- Ensure all platforms capture the look and feel of the Brands (Web, Email, Print)
- Manage and maintain the creative direction and tone of the Brands
- Communicate creative concepts to different parts of the business ensuring the idea is aligned across different brands
What you bring to the table
- 10+ years of experience working in a creative services role
- 3+ years of experience managing a Creative Services team
- Experience working with existing brands and elevating their presence to the next level
- Ability to inspire, engage, and motivate teams to achieve results and success
- Background in video content creation and project management.
- Ability to create rigorous and detailed brand guidelines
- Exceptional ability to build effective relationships with all levels of professionals
- Exemplify our Core values and are a passionate brand steward
Life at the Junktion
What is the Junktion? Well, it’s more than just a solid pun. It’s what we call our head offices in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON. Team members sit in our collaborative and high energy open concept office and take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting called Huddle and get together for a drink on First Round Friday. Not only do we have a cool office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too. In your first year, you’ll enjoy 4 weeks of personal paid leave. By the end of year one, you will be eligible for 5 weeks of personal paid leave. We offer extended health and dental benefits, as well as professional and individual development programs. There’s also our 101 Life Goals program, which helps you achieve your personal goals and cross things off your bucket list.
Do you want this job now?
Please send your resume and cover letter with links to any portfolio or work you have done!