Business Intelligence Manager - O2E Brands
We’re all about people
We are O2E Brands and our name comes from what we do. With our four uniquely branded home services franchises - 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me and Shack Shine - we make the ordinary businesses of junk removal, painting, moving and house detailing exceptional by being leaders in customer experience and innovation. O2E = Ordinary to Exceptional!
This is where you come in
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Vice President, Strategy & Business Operations, the Business Intelligence Manager will partner with business leaders by providing accurate and timely information and data analysis to give insights to drive our business forward. The position is based in our Vancouver Junktion.
Junktion - [juhnghk-shuhn] - noun
a place where people join together with common goals and create shared success.
a place where people and ideas meet, are joined, cross or converge.
The term ‘Junktion’ is more than just a play on words; it’s our name for the Vancouver Head Office. Located in Mount Pleasant just steps away from downtown, our open concept office overlooks Science World and the North Shore Mountains. Team members hang out on our bean bag chairs, host meetings at our bar, take part in our daily 7 minute stand-up meeting, and get together for First Round Friday for a drink.
What people say about you
I love helping business leaders make sense of data and information to support them in making decisions to drive the business forward. I have a passion for data and information and want to lead and educate others about the power of business intelligence! Along with my strong business acumen and communication skills, I am also savvy with technology and work well with technical teams. I want to help shape the strategy for business intelligence in a fast-paced and growing organization!
What you'll do
- Lead and drive discussions and decisions around business intelligence tools, reports and solutions
- Responsible for the architecture and governance of our data and information
- Work closely with the VP, Strategy and Business Operations to build the roadmap for business intelligence
- Build out BI competency model for organization with view to increasing organization’s competency and maturity related to analytics
- Identify opportunities to improve data management capabilities across groups through data profiling and mapping data flows through business processes.
- Work with stakeholders and team members to identify data needs to develop broader data strategy in support of the current and future programs.
- Advise on the best practices and improvements.
- Development and refinement of ongoing reports and dashboard.
- Architecting, designing, implementing and monitoring ‘best practice’ framework in Business Intelligence
- Deliver a “One Version of the Truth” approach to all data used within organization
- Create and deliver relevant reports and information to our leadership team to help optimize business decisions
- Work in collaboration with our database administrators and analytics team
- Mentor, manage and lead data and reporting analysts
What you'll bring to the table
- Bachelors degree in business, mathematics, computer science or related field
- 5+ years hands-on experience in a business insights and/or business intelligence role ideally with Salesforce experience
- Experience with SQL and Qlik Sense software a strong asset
- Strong business acumen
- Experience working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- 5+ Experience managing efforts in data warehouses and/or developing large scale reporting solutions
- Deep knowledge on BI architectural elements such as ETL, Warehousing, Visualization
- Experience in Cloud BI tools
- At least 3 year of experience using popular BI visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik
- Working knowledge of one or more enterprise platforms such as Salesforce, SAP, Peoplesoft
- Knowledge of Hadoop and big data processing tools would be a huge plus.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to take initiative, multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple projects, simultaneously
- Comfort with working in ambiguous and complex situations
Do you want this job now?
Tell us why you are awesome by submitting your resume and cover letter. Don’t forget to include a direct link to your Linkedin profile!